The Lost One:
A Life of
Hollywood's Legends of Horror Collection
Although M and The Man Who Knew
Too Much were shown in the U.S. – one in limited release,
the other in wider – Mad Love was Peter Lorre's
official introduction to American audiences.
The remastered print of Mad Love, with
audio commentary by Steve Haberman, is included in this box-set of
three double-feature discs from Warner Home Video.
Region 1 only
Date: Oct. 10, 2006
- Mark of the Vampire (MGM, 1935), with Lionel
Barrymore, Bela Lugosi, and Lionel Atwill.
- The Mask of Fu Manchu (MGM, 1932), with Boris
Karloff, Lewis Stone, and Myrna Loy.
- Doctor X (Warners, 1932), with Lionel Atwill,
Fay Wray, and Lee Tracy.
- The Return of Doctor X (Warners, 1939), with
Walter Barnett, Rosemary Lane, and Humphrey Bogart.
- Mad Love (MGM,
1935), with Peter Lorre, Frances Drake, and Colin Clive.
- The Devil Doll (MGM, 1936), with Lionel Barrymore,
Maureen O'Sullivan, and Frank Lawton.
- Original theatrical trailer for each film
- Audio commentaries – Mark of the Vampire,
with film historians Kim Newman and Steve Jones
- The Mask of Fu Manchu, with Greg Mank, author of
Karloff and Lugosi: A Story of a Haunting Collaboration (1990)
- Doctor X, with film historian Scott MacQueen
- The Return of Doctor X, with director Vincent Sherman
and author Steve Haberman
- Mad Love, with Steve
Haberman, author of Chronicles of Terror: Silent Screams (2003)
Prev Page ||
Coming Soon ||
The Lost One: A Life of Peter Lorre
(2005) by Stephen Youngkin – now in its third printing and
winner of the Rondo Award for "Best Book of 2005" – is
available in bookstores everywhere, as well as these on-line
The Films of Peter Lorre (1982), also
by Youngkin, is out of print but copies may be purchased through
Amazon and Barnes & Noble below. Interested in Lorre's radio and
television performances? Check out Radio Showcase and Movies Unlimited.
Netflix has Lorre movies for rent.
U.S. Amazon – Soft-bound
Amazon U.S. – Hard-Cover
Amazon Canada – Hard-Cover
Amazon Canada – Soft-bound
Amazon U.K. – Soft-bound
Amazon U.K. – Hard-Cover
University Press of Kentucky
Barnes & Noble – Nook and Hard-bound